Sunday 12 August 2012

Movies Schmovies



I also watched American Reunion. Super Funny. 

I loved Steven Stifler, as always. Haha :D  

Mila Kunis, a personal favorite of mine. Her eyes. Nuff said.

"I felt it. Perfect. It was perfect."

The last line in the dark, disturbing, yet seductive 2011 blockbuster, Black Swan from director Darren Aronsofsky. The doe-eyed actress, Natalie Portman is the exquisite, dedicated ballerina, Nina Sayers who fulfills her dream in playing the Swan Queen, but slowly loses her mind when her obsession on perfection complicates her role in acting the White Swan's evil twin, the passionate and lustful, Black Swan.

 I made the mistake of watching this movie late at night by myself    BAD IDEA. Many of you may not feel so, but as I am a very squeamish person, I did not appreciate the tearing flesh and blood and women stabbing their own faces with nail filers. 
But I have to admit, despite    or maybe because of    its unnerving theme, Black Swan is amazingly compelling. I couldn't stop watching even though I've been startled and scared out of my wits so many times. And the dancing!! Amazing. 
Mila (I. Love. Her.) and Natalie supposedly trained in ballet several months before the filming, and I commend them both (even if its not in my place to do so :P), their efforts certainly paid off big time. Brilliant actresses. And their bed scene certainly does not go unnoticed in my book. ;) 
If you haven't already, Go watch it! Now.

My girlfriends and I plan to have a movie marathon tomorrow after class, so hope I'll watch something worth posting :))

Ciao! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment